Football is a game that requires players to have great body control, coordination, speed and the endurance to play the game for 90. minutes or more.
Therefore, it is vital that your endurance training reflects all these aspects of the game. Training endurance by running in a straight line at a constant speed is a thing of the past.
In this video we have set up a circuit, that will get you in shape and help you to be one step ahead of your opponent.
We recommend doing this circuit 4 times with a rest period of 2 minutes between each take.
Speed Circuit Set-Up:
– 3 agility ladders
– 20 cones
– 5 loops
– 6 sticks
– 5 hurdles
– Circuit Size: 30 x 25 Meters
What to do:
1. Start at ladder with one foot contact in each box of the ladder
2. Then sprint 4-5 m to cones
3. Slow running to next ladder
4. Double leg jumps in ladder
5. Slow running to next set of cones
6. Full speed in between sticks and then with the same foot into both loops followed by full sprint to next cones
7. Slow running to next ladder
8. Cross steps sidewards (two contacts in each field)
9. Full sprint to next post, side steps to next post and full sprint to next cones
10. Slow running to next set of cones
11. Full speed forward over two hurdles, back running and full 12. speed over three hurdles followed by full sprint to next set of cones
13.Slow running to next set of cones
14.Full speed with one contact in each loop (distance between loops increases)
15.Slow running to start position
– 4 x 4 min; Rest between rep: 3 min
(Running distance in 16 minutes approx. 1.8 km; This is equals 10.8 km in a 90 min match)
Option 2: 6 x 2 min; Rest between rep: 2 min
Option 3: 4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 4 min (one each); Rest between sets: 2 min
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL
FOLLOW TANNER SPEED
VISIT OUR WEBSITE